About ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ
Leuven Value Network is a non-profit organization run by youngsters which sets up hybrid networking events that form a perfect mix between work and play. We host innovative networking activities where you can learn and connect with interesting individuals in a relaxed and inspiring environment.
Our vision: We believe that the world’s most complex problems can only be solved by working together.
Our mission: Bringing people together for the better in Leuven.
Our core team: consists of young potentials that each volunteered to contribute to this vision in their own area of expertise. Each team member is active in one of three functional teams: Marketing & Sales, Events & Community, and HR & Operations.
As a web developer intern, you will join our team in laying the groundwork for ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ and will take our web facilities on WordPress as an intern to the next level. Over time, you will be given more responsibilities to maximize your learning curve. Finally, once you are fully up to speed, you will manage your own projects. In the role description below we have summarized your main tasks and responsibilities.
We are a group of motivated entrepreneurs and are looking for a passionate individual to strengthen our team. Ideally, you recognize yourself in the description below:
- You are a bachelor’s / master’s student preferably in IT/communication or other related courses.
- Fluent in English.
- Flexible, proactive, take ownership & have excellent project management skills.
- Stress resistant & do not shy away from logistic/administrative tasks.
- You are very organized and have no problem respecting timelines and meeting deadlines.
- You can work independently as well as in a team.
- You have a can-do attitude towards challenges and love learning new skills.
We are looking for someone who is eager to learn and has a proactive mentality. As an intern, you will strengthen the marketing team by maintaining and developing the website, this website is based on a wordpress tool for web development.
Some of the concrete tasks this translates to, are listed below:
- Good knowledge of WordPress
- Knowledge of PHP is a plus
- Experience with UX / UI is a plus
- An internship opportunity as a part of your academic curriculum / for your personal development.
- Reimbursement of all transportation costs.
- Platform to connect & network with young professionals.
- Free access and drinks at all our events.
- Free internal workshops (being a moderator, project management, guiding a brainstorming session,…)
- An intense & fun experience in an international, fast-paced and flexible start-up.
- An internship certificate & Letter of Recommendation (upon request) upon successful completion.
Sounds good? Great! Click apply & send us your CV and motivation letter in English. Our team will contact you.
Note: We are currently accepting applications only from those residing in Belgium.