About ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ
Leuven Value Network (ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ) is a non-profit organisation under the umbrella of Leuven MindGate; part of the City of Leuven. ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ accelerates value creation by bringing together the ambitious minds of Leuven via (digital) networking events.
Our vision: We believe that the world’s most complex problems can only be solved by working together.
Our mission: Bringing people together for the better in Leuven.
Our core team consists roughly of 4 full-timers and +/-25 young potentials that each volunteer contributes to in their own area of expertise. Each member is active in one of four functional teams: HR, Community, Marketing & Business Development.
Why you should join us
As a volunteer, you will join our marketing team in taking our web facilities on WordPress to the next level. Looking to take on even more responsibilities? We got you! At ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ we tailor our roles to your skills and future plans. Want to learn how to lead a team of inspired young people or how to become a project manager? Let’s figure out together where you fit best!
We can offer you a variety of different experiences to boost your confidence and professional skills. Plus – we’re a pretty fun bunch to hang out with (even if we say so ourselves! )
Who we’re looking for
We are a group of motivated entrepreneurs and are looking for a like-minded person to join the team. Ideally, you recognize yourself in the description below:
- You are a proficient communicator (English and/or Dutch);
- You are flexible and thrive in a startup environment;
- You are organized and enthusiastic;
- You can work independently as well as in a team;
- You get energy from brainstorming new ideas and taking initiative
We are looking for someone who is eager to learn and has a proactive mentality. As a volunteer, you will strengthen the marketing team by maintaining and developing the website.
Some of the concrete tasks this translates to, are listed below:
- Knowledge of PHP is a plus
- Experience with WordPress is a plus
- Experience with UX / UI is a plus
Working knowledge in any of these areas is a nice plus, but not a must have – we value passion over skills
What can you expect
We’re looking for a volunteer who’s willing to spend some of his or her spare time in the web development team to change Leuven for the better. Here is why you should apply:
- A working experience in an evolving startup environment;
- Learning opportunities to grow your desired skills;
- Becoming part of a community of young people that love to have fun!
- A diverse and open-minded team that loves the saying “work hard, play hard”
- The opportunity to learn from and work with like-minded ambitious entrepreneurs;
- Free entrance and drinks at our events
Interested in working with us? Great! Please send us your CV and a short motivation letter in English.
Note that we only work with applicants currently residing in Belgium.
As a reminder – this position is unpaid.