Job Location: Brussels, Belgium (Hybrid)
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 4 months (15 – 35h/week)
Job type: Unpaid Internship
About V N B
Value Network Brussels is a community run by youngsters which sets up hybrid networking events that form a perfect mix between work and play.
We host innovative networking activities where you can learn and connect with interesting individuals in a relaxed and inspiring environment.
Our vision: We believe that the world’s most complex problems can only be solved by working together.
Our mission: Bringing people together for the better in Leuven.
Our core team: consists of young potentials that each volunteered to contribute to this vision in their own area of expertise. Each team member is active in one of three functional teams: Marketing & Sales, Events & Community, and HR & Operations.
As a web developer intern, you will join our team in laying the groundwork for ᐯ ᑎ B and will take our web facilities on WordPress as an intern to the next level. Over time, you will be given more responsibilities to maximize your learning curve. Finally, once you are fully up to speed, you will manage your own projects. In the role description below we have summarized your main tasks and responsibilities.
We are looking for someone who is eager to learn and has a go-for-it mentality. Experience is a plus but certainly not a must. If this is you, please continue reading for more detailed info
As an intern you need to ensure all parties involved are satisfied with the website’s performance, from website development to content management, and you are able to touch upon the following areas:
- Ensuring that the website looks good and functions properly.
- Monitoring website traffic.
- Troubleshooting website problems when they arise and updating the website as necessary.
- Building our new page for the Value Network Brussels in Collaboration with Leuven Value Network Team.
We are a group of motivated entrepreneurs and are looking for a passionate individual to strengthen our team. Ideally, you recognize yourself in the description below:
- You are a bachelor’s / master’s student preferably in IT/communication or other related courses.
- Fluent in English (is a must) and French/Dutch (is a plus).
- Flexible, proactive, take ownership & have excellent project management skills.
- Stress resistant & do not shy away from logistic/administrative tasks.
- You are very organized and have no problem respecting timelines and meeting deadlines.
- You can work independently as well as in a team.
- You have a can-do attitude towards challenges and love learning new skills.
- Reimbursement of all transportation costs.
- Platform to connect & network with young professionals.
- Free internal workshops, access to and drinks at all our events.
- An internship opportunity as a part of your academic curriculum / for your personal development.g a moderator, project management, guiding a brainstorming session,…)
- An intense & fun experience in an international, fast-paced and flexible start-up.
- An internship certificate & Letter of Recommendation (upon request) upon successful completion.
Interested in working with us? Great! Please send us your CV and a short motivation letter in English. Please indicate the desired duration and time period of your internship.
Note that we only work with applicants currently residing in Belgium.