Job Location: Brussels, Belgium (Hybrid)
Start date: as soon as possible
Duration: min 6 months (7-8h/week)
Job type: Volunteer
About ᐯ ᑎ B
Value Network Brussels is a community run by youngsters which sets up hybrid networking events that form a perfect mix between work and play.
We host innovative networking activities where you can learn and connect with interesting individuals in a relaxed and inspiring environment.
Our vision: We believe that the world’s most complex problems can only be solved by working together.
Our mission: Bringing people together for the better.
Our core team: consists of young potentials that each volunteered to contribute to this vision in their own area of expertise. Each team member is active in one of three functional teams: Marketing & Sales, Events & Community, and HR & Operations.
As the Vice President, you will be focusing on managing and coaching our team of enthusiastic interns and volunteers. To achieve that you will coordinate with our founder and leadership team to assess the direction of the organization, develop short and long-term goals, plans, and strategies, and ensure the organization’s compliance with the stated mission. You will be in the pilot seat of one of the most dynamic organizations.
We are looking for someone who has a proactive mentality and leadership skills. You will be responsible for the following:
- Attending morning calls on Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays. (This can be in bi-weekly rotation with the president.)
- Bi-weekly check-up 121 meetings with the head interns and heads of the departments
- Being a key contact for the team for important decisions
- Coordinating with the President and founder to organize the organization and it’s teams
- Making and closing deals with our partners
- Attending the department meetings (recommended)
We are a group of motivated entrepreneurs and are looking for a passionate leader to strengthen our team. Ideally, you recognize yourself in the description below:
- You are fluent in English.
- You are a natural leader & have been in similar roles in the past (professional experience / coursework).
- You have or can build a strong network with agencies & suppliers in the region.
- You have an eye for details & strong project management skills.
- You do not shy away from taking initiatives & being on the field to get things done.
- You are highly organized and have no problem respecting timelines and meeting deadlines.
- You have a can-do attitude towards challenges and love learning new skills.
- You are flexible and thrive in a young start-up environment
- An opportunity as a part of your academic curriculum / for your personal development.
- Reimbursement of all transportation costs.
- Platform to connect & network with young professionals.
- Free access and drinks at all our events.
- Free internal workshops (being a moderator, project management, guiding a brainstorming session,…)
- An intense & fun experience in an international, fast-paced and flexible start-up.
- A volunteering certificate & Letter of Recommendation (upon request) upon successful completion.
Sounds good? Great! Click apply & send us your CV and motivation letter in English. Our team will contact you.
Note: We are currently accepting applications only from those residing in Belgium.