Location: Leuven & Brussels, BE
Start date: April/May 2023
Duration: min 3 months (15 – 35 h/week), can be extended
Job type: Unpaid internship
Who we are
Value Network is a non-profit organization run by young professionals which sets up hybrid networking events that form a perfect mix between work and play. We host innovative networking activities where you can learn and connect with interesting individuals in a relaxed and inspiring environment.
Our vision: We believe that the world’s most complex problems can only be solved by working together. 🤝
Our mission: Bringing people together for the better. 🧑🤝🧑
Our core team: Consists of young potentials that each volunteer to contribute to our vision in their own area of expertise. Each team member is active in one of the three departments: Marketing & Sales, Events & Community, and HR & Operations.
Your role & responsibilities
As an intern, you will participate in the strategy creation, and business development development by maintaining the current partnerships as well as creating new ones between our organization and our stakeholders.
We value creativity, so your ideas will contribute to our growth. You will be given more responsibility as you progress, and once you are up to speed, you will be able to take on some of our projects and test your leadership skills.
Are you eager to learn? Do you have a proactive mindset? We are looking for an intern to join the Partnerships team who can meet the following responsibilities:
- Conduct partner research to reach out to new partners via email, LinkedIn, phone calls and other channels.
- Schedule meetings with our partners
- Give an initial pitch about Value Network to potential partners (in the beginning accompanied by our more senior members/colleagues)
- Close partnership deals with the help of our senior members/colleagues
- As a partnership intern, you will work with our contact database and CRM system in Odoo
- Prepare pitch decks and individualized offers for partnership calls
What we are looking for
We are a group of motivated collaborators (but you can call us friends 😉) and are looking for a passionate individual to strengthen our team. Ideally, you recognize yourself in the description below:
- You are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or a related field.
- You have excellent English proficiency.
- Prior experience in sales is a plus.
- You are not afraid of picking up your phone and making a phone call to someone you don’t know on the spot.
- You are a flexible and adaptive person who thrives in a startup environment.
- You are highly organized and have a strong sense of accountability to meet deadlines.
- You are a team player and can also work independently when needed.
- You have a positive attitude towards challenges and are eager to learn and grow.
- You possess a strong sense of ownership and a proactive mindset.
What awaits you!
- An internship opportunity as a part of your academic curriculum and/or for your personal development. 🚀🌟
- Reimbursement of all transportation and lunch costs for office days.
- Platform to connect and network with young professionals. 👥
- Free access and drinks at all our events. 🎉
- Free internal workshops.
- An intense & fun experience in an international, fast-paced and flexible start-up.
- An internship certificate & Letter of Recommendation (upon request) upon successful completion.
And here’s the fun part: To ensure that we maintain a tight-knit team, attendance in the office in Brussels (on Wednesdays) and in Leuven (on Fridays) is mandatory. But don’t worry, we guarantee that you will have a great time while you’re here!
Sounds good? Great! Click apply & send us your CV and motivation letter in English. Our team will contact you.
Note: We are currently accepting applications only from those that will be residing in Belgium during the internship period.
*At Value Network we celebrate diversity, that’s why we’re an equal opportunity organization. All applicants will be considered for a position without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, nationality, etc. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind, we are committed to providing an environment of respect and safety.