Job Location: Brussels, Belgium (Hybrid)
Start date: as soon as possible
Duration: 6 months (7-8h/week)
Job type: Volunteership
About ᐯ ᑎ B
Value Network Brussels is a community run by youngsters which sets up hybrid networking events that form a perfect mix between work and play. We host innovative networking activities where you can learn and connect with interesting individuals in a relaxed and inspiring environment.
Our vision: We believe that the world’s most complex problems can only be solved by working together.
Our mission: Bringing people together for the better.
Our core team: consists of young potentials that each volunteered to contribute to this vision in their own area of expertise. Each team member is active in one of three functional teams: Marketing & Sales, Events & Community, and HR & Operations.
As the head of HR, you will have the opportunity to lead the team in all matters related to our most precious resource: our volunteers and interns. This is a chance to develop your leadership skills, as the team will look to you to make the final decisions in these matters. The position also offers you the room to broaden your own knowledge area(s). Our recruitment pipeline is constantly filled, as is our focus on developing the team culture. Safeguarding the enthusiasm and well-being of our team is something that you will have freedom in.
We are looking for someone who is eager to learn and has a proactive mentality. You will be responsible for the following:
- Overseeing the recruitment process to ensure continuous inflow of talent.
- New initiatives to promote employer branding.
- Setting up processes & KPIs for the team.
- Coach & develop team members enabling them to take up more responsibilities efficiently.
- Creating an inspiring team & organizational culture aligned with our vision.
We are a group of motivated entrepreneurs and are looking for a passionate leader to strengthen our team. Ideally, you recognize yourself in the description below:
- You hold a bachelor’s / master’s degree in Business Administration, HR, Psychology, or other related courses.
- Prior work experience (full-time job / internships) is a bonus.
- You are fluent in English.
- You are a natural leader & have been in similar roles in the past (professional experience / coursework).
- You have excellent project management skills.
- You are flexible and thrive in a startup environment.
- You are highly organized and have no problem respecting timelines and meeting deadlines.
- You have a can-do attitude towards challenges and love learning new skills.
- Platform to connect & network with young professionals.
- Reimbursement of all transportation costs.
- Free access and drinks at all our events.
- Free internal workshops (being a moderator, project management, guiding a brainstorming session,…)
- An intense & fun experience in an international, fast-paced and flexible start-up.
- Certificate of Volunteering & Letter of Recommendation (upon request) upon successful completion.
Sounds good? Great! Click apply & send us your CV and motivation letter in English. Our team will contact you.
Note: We are currently accepting applications only from those residing in Belgium.