Job Location: Brussels, Belgium (Hybrid)
Start date: ASAP
Minimum Duration: 6 months (7-8h/week)
Job type: Volunteership
About V N B
Value Network Brussels is a community run by youngsters which sets up hybrid networking events that form a perfect mix between work and play.
We host innovative networking activities where you can learn and connect with interesting individuals in a relaxed and inspiring environment.
Our vision: We believe that the world’s most complex problems can only be solved by working together.
Our mission: Bringing people together for the better in Leuven.
Our core team: consists of young potentials that each volunteered to contribute to this vision in their own area of expertise. Each team member is active in one of three functional teams: Marketing & Sales, Events & Community, and HR & Operations.
As the Head of Events, you will have the opportunity to lead the team in all matters related to our most precious resource: our volunteers and interns. This is a chance to develop your leadership skills, as the team will look to you to make the final decisions in these matters.
The position also offers you the room to broaden your own knowledge area(s). In the role description below, we have summarized your main tasks and responsibilities.
We are looking for someone who is eager to learn and has a proactive mentality. You will be responsible for the following:
- Act as liaison between internal & external stakeholders to understand & meet requirements.
- Moderating internal & external meetings.
- Monitoring social media engagement with partners via LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook etc.
- Setting up processes & KPIs for the team.
- Creating an inspiring team & organizational culture aligned with our vision.
We are a group of motivated entrepreneurs and are looking for a go-getter to strengthen our team. Ideally, you recognize yourself in the description below:
- Experience as a community manager or similar roles.
- You are fluent in English(is a must) & French/Dutch (is a plus).
- You are a natural leader & have been in similar roles in the past (professional experience / coursework).
- You have or can build a strong network with agencies & suppliers in the region.
- You have an eye for details & strong project management skills.
- You do not shy away from taking initiatives & being on the field to get things done.
- You have excellent project management skills.
- You are very organized and have no problem respecting timelines and meeting deadlines.
- You have a can-do attitude towards challenges and love learning new skills.
- Platform to connect & network with young professionals.
- Reimbursement of all transportation costs.
- Free access and drinks to all our events.
- Free internal workshops (being a moderator, project management, guiding a brainstorming session,…)
- An intense & fun experience in an international, fast-paced and flexible start-up.
- Certificate of Volunteering & Letter of Recommendation (upon request) upon successful completion.
Interested in working with us? Great! Please send us your CV and a short motivation letter in English. Please indicate the desired duration and time period of your internship.
Note that we only work with applicants currently residing in Belgium.
As a reminder – this position is unpaid.