Job Location: Brussels, Belgium (Hybrid)
Start date: as soon as possible
Duration: 6 months (7-8h/week)
Job type: Volunteership
About ᐯ ᑎ B
Value Network Brussels is a community run by youngsters which sets up hybrid networking events that form a perfect mix between work and play. We host innovative networking activities where you can learn and connect with interesting individuals in a relaxed and inspiring environment.
Our vision: We believe that the world’s most complex problems can only be solved by working together.
Our mission: Bringing people together for the better.
Our core team: consists of young potentials that each volunteered to contribute to this vision in their own area of expertise. Each team member is active in one of three functional teams: Marketing & Sales, Events & Community, and HR & Operations.
As the head of events, you will have the opportunity to lead the team in all matters related to our most precious resource: our volunteers and interns. This is a chance to develop your leadership skills, as the team will look to you to make the final decisions in these matters.
The position also offers you the room to broaden your own knowledge area(s). In the role description below, we have summarized your main tasks and responsibilities.
We are looking for a volunteer who is willing to spend some of his or her spare time on coaching and guiding our Events and Community team to change Leuven for the better. You do this by being eager to learn, taking responsibility and having a go-for-it mentality. You will be responsible for running a range of events, ensuring that the target audience is engaged and the message of the event is transmitted properly to everyone in addition to attending the events to supervise and make sure everything goes as planned. As Head of Events and Community, you are able to touch upon the following areas:
- Continue developing our communication strategy with the leadership team;
- Setting up and moderating internal meetings (including preparing agendas and taking notes);
- Training volunteers/interns for the Events and community team;
- Coordinating and following up with the Marketing team to make sure the event is marketed properly
- Planning events with the attention to our financial and time constraints
- Manage all event operations (preparing venue, invitations etc.)
- Planning for potential scenarios that could impact the integrity of the event
- Maintaining a working knowledge of the complex needs of a wide variety of events
We are a group of motivated entrepreneurs and are looking for a go-getter to strengthen our team. Ideally, you recognize yourself in the description below:
- Experience as a community manager or similar roles.
- You are fluent in English.
- You are a natural leader & have been in similar roles in the past (professional experience / coursework).
- You have or can build a strong network with agencies & suppliers in the region.
- You have an eye for details & strong project management skills.
- You do not shy away from taking initiatives & being on the field to get things done.
- You have excellent project management skills.
- You are very organized and have no problem respecting timelines and meeting deadlines.
- You have a can-do attitude towards challenges and love learning new skills.
- Platform to connect & network with young professionals.
- Reimbursement of all transportation costs.
- Free access and drinks to all our events.
- Free internal workshops (being a moderator, project management, guiding a brainstorming session,…)
- An intense & fun experience in an international, fast-paced and flexible start-up.
- Certificate of Volunteering & Letter of Recommendation (upon request) upon successful completion.
Sounds good? Great! Click apply & send us your CV and motivation letter in English. Our team will contact you.
Note: We are currently accepting applications only from those residing in Belgium.