About ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ
Leuven Value Network ( ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ ) is a non-profit organisation which falls under the umbrella of Leuven MindGate; part of the City of Leuven. ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ accelerates value creation by bringing together the ambitious minds of Leuven via (digital) networking events.
Our vision: We believe that the world’s most complex problems can only be solved by working together.
Our mission: Bringing people together for the better in Leuven.
Our core team consists of 4 full-timers and +/- 25 young potentials that each volunteered to contribute to this vision in their own area of expertise. Each member is active in one of four functional teams: HR, Community, Marketing & Business Development
Why you should join us
As an events & community volunteer, you will join our community team in the A-Z conceptualisation and organisation of events. This means there’s room for your input if you want to take events into a specific direction, as long as it fits in our brand and mission statement.
Over time, we automatically zoom in on what you want to learn and adjust your mission accordingly. Our commitment to you as a volunteer is that we help you learn as much as you’re willing to take on.
Looking to take on even more responsibilities? We got you! At ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ we tailor our roles to your skills and future plans. Want to learn how to lead a team of inspired young people or how to become a project manager? Let’s figure out together where you fit best!
We can offer you a variety of different experiences to boost your confidence and professional skills. Plus – we’re a pretty fun bunch to hang out with (even if we say so ourselves! )
Who we’re looking for
We are a group of motivated entrepreneurs and are looking for a like-minded person to join the team. Ideally, you recognize yourself in the description below:
- You are a proficient communicator (English and/or Dutch);
- You are flexible and thrive in a startup environment;
- You are organized and enthusiastic;
- You can work independently as well as in a team;
- You get energy from brainstorming new ideas and taking initiative
We are looking for someone who is eager to learn and has a proactive mentality. Experience is a plus but certainly not a must so don’t let that discourage you! Asa volunteer, you will strengthen the community team in brainstorming inspiring event ideas and communicating with our community.
Some of the concrete tasks this translates to, are listed below:
- Organizing events
- Maintaining business relations with partners
- Communicate across different digital platforms (Discord)
- Monitoring social media engagement through Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn;
- Project management and planning
- You see yourself working 3-5h on a weekly basis for Leuven Value Network
Working knowledge in any of these areas is a nice plus, but not a must have – we value passion over skills
What you can expect
- A working experience in an evolving startup environment;
- Learning opportunities to grow your desired skills;
- Becoming part of a community of young people that love to have fun!
- A diverse and open-minded team that loves the saying “work hard, play hard”
- The opportunity to learn from and work with like-minded ambitious intrapreneurs;
- Free entrance and drinks at our events
Interested in working with us? Great! Please send us your CV and a short motivation letter in English.
Note that we only work with applicants currently residing in Belgium.
As a reminder – this position is unpaid.