About ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ
Leuven Value Network ( ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ ) is a non-profit organisation under the umbrella of Leuven MindGate; part of the City of Leuven. ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ accelerates value creation by bringing together the ambitious minds of Leuven via (digital) networking events.
Our vision: We believe that the world’s most complex problems can only be solved by working together.
Our mission: Bringing people together for the better in Leuven.
Our core team consists of 4 full-timers and +/- 25 young potentials that each volunteered to contribute to this vision in their own area of expertise. Each member is active in one of four functional teams: HR, Community, Marketing & Business Development.
Why you should join us
As a content creator, you will join our content and/ or employer branding team in executing communication plans for ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ. You will be supported on a daily basis by the Content Lead and the Head of Marketing. Over time, we automatically zoom in on what you want to learn and adjust your mission accordingly. Our commitment to you as a volunteer is that we help you learn as much as you’re willing to take on.
Looking to take on even more responsibilities? We got you! At ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ, we tailor our roles to your skills and future plans. Want to learn how to lead a team of inspired young people or how to become a project manager? Let’s figure out together where you fit best!
We can offer you a variety of different experiences to boost your confidence and professional skills. Plus – we’re a pretty fun bunch to hang out with (even if we say so ourselves!).
We are looking for someone who is eager to learn and has a proactive mentality. Experience is a plus but certainly not a must so don’t let that discourage you! As a volunteer, you will strengthen the content team in promoting our events and communicating with our community and/or join the employer branding team in promoting ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ as a workplace.
Some of the concrete tasks this translates to, are listed below:
- Managing marketing platforms and copywriting (Social media, Website, Press);
- Creating visual content (Canva, Photoshop or Illustrator);
- Project management and planning.
Working knowledge in any of these areas is a nice plus, but not a must-have – we value passion over skills.
Who we are looking for
We are a group of motivated entrepreneurs and are looking for a like-minded person to join the team. Ideally, you recognize yourself in the description below:
- You are a proficient communicator (English and/or Dutch);
- You are flexible and thrive in a startup environment;
- You are organized and enthusiastic;
- You can work independently as well as in a team;
- You get energy from brainstorming new ideas and taking initiative;
- You see yourself dedicating 3-5 hours to ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ on a weekly basis.
What you can expect
- A working experience in an evolving startup environment;
- Learning opportunities to grow your desired skills;
- Becoming part of a community of young people that love to have fun!
- A diverse and open-minded team that loves the saying “work hard, play hard”;
- The opportunity to learn from and work with like-minded ambitious intrapreneurs;
- Free entrance and drinks at our events.
Please note that this position is unpaid.
Interested candidates are asked to send their CV and one-page cover letter in English outlining their motivation and relevant experience for this position, through our sign-up page.
Every applicant must reside in Belgium.
If you are situated in any other country, we will not be able to accept your application.
Thank you ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ