About ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ
Leuven Value Network (ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ) is a non-profit organisation under the umbrella of Leuven MindGate; part of the City of Leuven. ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ accelerates value creation by bringing together the ambitious minds of Leuven via (digital) networking events.
Our vision: We believe that the world’s most complex problems can only be solved by working together.
Our mission: Bringing people together for the better in Leuven.
Our core team consists roughly of 3 full-timers and +/-15 young potentials that each volunteer contributes to in their own area of expertise. Each team member is active in one of the three functional teams: HR & Operations, Marketing and Community.
As the Head of Business Development of Leuven Value Network, you are responsible for developing and implementing growth opportunities alongside other volunteers, both inside and outside the organisation.
With a sweet spot for the City of Leuven, you give it your all to manage your own responsibilities while working in close collaboration with the team. In the role description below, we have summarized your main tasks and responsibilities.
We are looking for a volunteer who is willing to spend time on establishing a Business Development Team to change Leuven for the better.
As the Head of Business Development, you will be leading the business development team by creating structure and vision, together with responsibilities and motivation amongst team members. Therefore, you are able to touch upon some of the following areas:
- Identify new sources of income
- Analysing internal finances and planning financial outcome
- Following up on new business opportunities and setting up meetings
- Attracting new financial and strategic partners
- Investigate potential subsidizers
Ideally, you recognize yourself in the description below:
- Experience as a business development manager or a similar role is a plus, but not required;
- You are a natural leader and have been in leadership positions in the past (Professional or Coursework)
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and verbal, Dutch is a plus);
- Organised (respecting timelines and deadlines)
- Taking initiative; working independently as well as collaborating in a team;
- You see yourself working 7-8h on a weekly basis for Leuven Value Network
Note that the majority of the team meetings and activities tend to take place in the late afternoons and evenings. Flexibility is very important to us and this is a requirement.
We’re looking for a volunteer who’s willing to spend some of his or her spare time coaching our Development team. Here is why you should apply:
- The opportunity to learn from and work with like-minded ambitious intrapreneurs;
- The ability to expand your professional and peer network;
- Diverse internal learning and development initiatives
- Free access and drinks to all our events.
Note that this position is unpaid.
Interested candidates are asked to send their CV and one-page cover letter in English outlining their motivation and relevant experience for this position, through our sign-up page.
Every applicant must reside in Belgium.
If you are situated in any other country, we will not be able to accept your application.
Thank you ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ