About Leuven Value Network
Leuven Value Network ( ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ ) is a non-profit organisation which falls under the umbrella of Leuven Mindgate; part of the City of Leuven. ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ accelerates value creation by bringing together the ambitious minds of Leuven via (digital) networking events.
Our vision: We believe that the world’s most complex problems can only be solved by working together.
Our mission: Bringing people together for the better in Leuven.
Our core team consists roughly of 3 full timers and 15 young professionals that each volunteer to contribute to this vision in their own area of expertise. Each team member is active in one of the three functional teams: HR & Operations, Community and Marketing.
As a marketing volunteer you will join our marketing team in executing communication plans for ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ. At the start of your volunteership, you will be supported on a daily basis by our Founder and the Head of Marketing. Over time, you will be given more responsibilities to maximize your learning curve. Finally, once you are fully up to speed, you will manage your own projects. In the role description below we have summarized your main tasks and responsibilities.
We are looking for someone who is eager to learn and has a go-for-it mentality. Experience is a plus but certainly not a must. If that is you, please continue reading for more detailed info.
As a volunteer you will strengthen the marketing team in promoting our events and are able to touch upon the following areas:
- Developing our overall marketing strategy;
- Social media management – Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn;
- Email marketing – MailChimp;
- Creating visual content – Canva, Photoshop and Illustrator;
- Ensuring all communications follow GDPR regulations;
- Press management – Production, distribution and follow-up of press releases;
- Website – SEO and Google Analytics;
- Analysis of target groups per communication channel;
- Project management and planning – Slack, Trello, Google Drive
We are a group of motivated entrepreneurs and are looking for a like-minded person to strengthen our team. Ideally, you recognize yourself in the description below:
- You are an excellent communicator;
- You are fluent in English;
- You are flexible and thrive in a startup environment. You don’t have a 9-to-5 mentality;
- You are very organised and have no problem respecting timelines and meeting deadlines;
- You can work independently as well as in a team;
- You have a can-do attitude towards challenges and love learning new skills;
- You pay attention to detail;
- You have a strong sense of ownership and a proactive mindset.
- A bigger network
- The opportunity to learn from and work with like-minded ambitious entrepreneurs.