About ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ
Leuven Value Network (ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ) is a non-profit organisation under the umbrella of Leuven MindGate; part of the City of Leuven. ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ accelerates value creation by bringing together the ambitious minds of Leuven via (digital) networking events
Our vision: We believe that the world’s most complex problems can only be solved by working together.
Our mission: Bringing people together for the better in Leuven.
Our core team: Consists roughly of 3 full timers and 15 young professionals that each volunteer to contribute to this vision in their own area of expertise. Each team member is active in one of the three functional teams: HR & Operations, Marketing and Community.
As a Community volunteer you will join our Community team in managing projects and executing communication plans for ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ. Over time, you will be given more responsibilities to maximize your learning curve. Finally, once you are fully up to speed, you will initiate and manage your own projects while working in close collaboration with other team members. In the role description below we have summarized your main tasks and responsibilities.
We are looking for someone who is eager to learn, take responsibility and has a go-for-it mentality.
Experience is a plus but certainly not a must. If that is you, please continue reading for more detailed info.
As a volunteer you will strengthen the community team in promoting our events and are able to contribute in the following tasks:
- Liaising with multiple stakeholders (internal and external). In other words: communicating and following up with several individuals and organisations every day;
- Continue developing our communication strategy with the leadership team;
- Setting up and moderating internal meetings (including preparing agendas and taking notes);
- Scheduling and conducting meetings with potential partners;
- Monitoring social media engagement with partners through Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn;
- Copywriting – email content;
- Sending newsletters and emails using MailChimp;
- Project management and planning – Slack, Clickup, Google Drive;
- Assisting with recruiting and training volunteers/interns;
- Coordinating and following up with the Marketing team
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal);
- Fluent English speaking (Dutch is a plus);
- Flexible and thriving in a startup environment. (no 9-to-5 mentality);
- Organised (respecting timelines and deadlines);
- Taking initiative; working independently as well as collaborating in a team;
- A can-do attitude towards challenges;
- Paying attention to detail;
- Keen to work with and learn about new digital tools (we work completely remotely);
- A strong sense of ownership and proactive growth mindset.
- You see yourself working 3-5h on a weekly basis for Leuven Value Network
- The opportunity to learn from and work with like-minded ambitious entrepreneurs;
- The ability to expand your professional and peer network;
- Free access and drinks to all our events.
Note that this position is unpaid.