About ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ
Leuven Value Network (ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ) is a non-profit organisation under the umbrella of Leuven MindGate; part of the City of Leuven. ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ accelerates value creation by bringing together the ambitious minds of Leuven via (digital) networking events.
Our vision: We believe that the world’s most complex problems can only be solved by working together.
Our mission: Bringing people together for the better in Leuven.
Our core team: Consists roughly of 6 full-timers and +/-20 young professionals that each volunteer to contribute to this vision in their own area of expertise. Each team member is active in one of the three functional teams: HR & Operations, Marketing and Community.
We are looking for someone with a legal background to strengthen our team. Ideally, you have good knowledge and are willing to learn about startup equity regulations to be able to advise on our long term project. Legal knowledge about event regulations in Vlaams-Brabant (Leuven) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR/AVG) are considered a plus but not a dealbreaker.
You will find yourself among a passionate team of youngsters with a go-for-it mentality. Your work will help set a solid foundation for Leuven Value Network that every team will take advantage of. You will be held accountable for all the legal aspects of Leuven Value Networks projects.
- Collecting & processing personal data
- Drafting contracts and other legal documentation (volunteers, venues & partners)
- Researching regulations regarding event organisation
Ideally, you recognize yourself in the description below:
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- You are at least in your third bachelor year of law or legal practice or you have similar knowledge through (demonstrable) experience
- Good people skills
- Fluent English speaking (Dutch is a plus);
- Flexible (no 9-to-5 mentality);
- Organised (respecting timelines and deadlines);
- Taking initiative; working independently as well as collaborating in a team;
- A can-do attitude towards challenges;
- Paying attention to detail;
- Keen to work with and learn about new digital tools (we work completely remotely);
- A strong sense of ownership and proactive growth mindset.
- You see yourself working 3-5h on a weekly basis for Leuven Value Network
We’re looking for a volunteer who’s willing to spend some of his or her spare time to bring people together for the better.
Here is why you should apply:
- The opportunity to learn from and work with like-minded ambitious entrepreneurs;
- The ability to expand your professional and peer network;
- Diverse internal learning and development initiatives (being a moderator, project management, guiding brainstorming sessions…);
- Free access and drinks to all our events.
- Frequently organised teambuilding events with free goodies and drinks
Note that this position is unpaid.