|Volunteer agreement||Minimum of 20 hours each week, min. 10 weeks|
|Starting||June 2021 (latest: end of June)|
About ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ
Leuven Value Network ( ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ ) is a non-profit organisation which falls under the umbrella of Leuven MindGate; part of the City of Leuven. ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ accelerates value creation by bringing together the ambitious minds of Leuven via (digital) networking events.
Our vision: We believe that the world’s most complex problems can only be solved by working together.
Our mission: Bringing people together for the better in Leuven.
Our core team consists roughly of 6 full-timers and +/- 20 young potentials that each volunteered to contribute to this vision in their own area of expertise. Each team member is active in one of three functional teams: Marketing, Community and Operations/HR
As an HR & Ops volunteer you will join our HR & operations team in laying the groundwork for an HR department for ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ. At the start of your volunteership, you will be supported on a daily basis by our Founder and the head of HR & Operations. Over time, you will be given more responsibilities to maximize your learning curve. Finally, once you are fully up to speed, you will manage your own projects. In the role description below we have summarized your main tasks and responsibilities.
We are looking for someone who is eager to learn and has a go-for-it mentality. Experience is a plus but certainly not a must. If that is you, please continue reading for more detailed info.
As an volunteer you will strengthen the HR-team in building the team and are able to touch upon the following areas:
- Improve the onboarding process
- Work on vacancy posts alongside the marketing team
- Screen new applicants
- Design and improve our online vacancy forms
- Do market research
- Help organize team building events
- Improve our internal communication
- Build flowcharts to improve our way of working
- Assist in project management and planning (using tools such as Slack, Trello, Google Drive)
- Setup and maintain a proficient CRM system
We are a group of motivated entrepreneurs and are looking for a like-minded person to strengthen our team. Ideally, you recognize yourself in the description below:
- You are an excellent communicator;
- You are fluent in English;
- You are flexible and thrive in a startup environment. You don’t have a 9-to-5 mentality;
- You are very organised and have no problem respecting timelines and meeting deadlines;
- You can work independently as well as in a team;
- You have a can-do attitude towards challenges and love learning new skills;
- You pay attention to detail;
- You have a strong sense of ownership and a proactive mindset.
- A summer volunteership in a thriving startup environment;
- The opportunity to learn from and work with like-minded ambitious entrepreneurs;
- A possibility to join our volunteer team after you finish your internship successfully.
Note that this position is unpaid.
Interested candidates are asked to send their CV and one-page cover letter in English underlying the relevant experience for this position.
Apply before May 17, 2021. Please note that this vacancy can be closed before the deadline depending on the candidates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview within two weeks of their application. Shortlisted candidates may be asked to prove their background, qualifications, skills and experiences by providing relevant documents.