|Volunteer agreement||Minimum of 20 hours each week, min. 10 weeks|
|Starting||June 2021 (latest: end of June)|
About ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ
Leuven Value Network ( ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ ) is a non-profit organisation under the umbrella of Leuven MindGate; part of the City of Leuven. ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ accelerates value creation by bringing together the ambitious minds of Leuven via (digital) networking events.
Our vision: We believe that the world’s most complex problems can only be solved by working together.
Our mission: Bringing people together for the better in Leuven.
Our core team consists roughly of 6 full-timers and +/-20 young potentials that each volunteer to contribute to this vision in their own area of expertise. Each team member is active in one of the three functional teams: Operations/HR, Marketing and Community.
As a community intern you will join our community team in managing projects and executing communication plans for ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ. At the start of your internship, you will be supported on a daily basis by our Founder and the Head of Community. Over time, you will be given more responsibilities to maximize your learning curve. Finally, once you are fully up to speed, you will initiate and manage your own projects while working in close collaboration with other team members. In the role description below we have summarized your main tasks and responsibilities.
We are looking for someone who is eager to learn, take responsibility and has a go-for-it mentality. Experience is a plus but certainly not a must. If that is you, please continue reading for more detailed info.
As an intern you will strengthen the community team in promoting our events and are able to contribute in the following tasks:
- Liaising with multiple stakeholders (internal and external). This means communicating and following up with several individuals and organisations everyday;
- Continue developing our communication strategy with the leadership team;
- Setting up and moderating internal meetings (including preparing agendas and taking notes);
- Scheduling and conducting meetings with potential partners;
- Social media engagement with partners through Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn;
- Copywriting – email content;
- Sending newsletters and emails using MailChimp;
- Project management and planning – Slack, Trello, Google Drive;
- Coordinating and following up with the Marketing team
We are a group of motivated entrepreneurs and are looking for a like-minded person to strengthen our team. Ideally, you recognize yourself in the description below:
- You are an excellent at communicating (written and verbal);
- You are fluent in English (Dutch is a plus);
- You are flexible and thrive in a startup environment. You don’t have a 9-to-5 mentality;
- You are very organised and have no problem respecting timelines and meeting deadlines;
- You can take initiative, work independently as well as collaborate in a team;
- You have a can-do attitude towards challenges and love learning new skills;
- You pay attention to detail;
- You are keen to work with and learn new digital tools (we work completely remotely);
- You have a strong sense of ownership and a proactive growth mindset.
- A summer internship in a thriving startup environment;
- The opportunity to learn from and work with like-minded ambitious entrepreneurs and young potentials;
- A possibility to join our volunteer team after you finish your internship successfully
Note that this position is unpaid.
Interested candidates are asked to send their CV and one-page cover letter in English underlying the relevant experience for this position.
Apply before May 17, 2021. Please note that this vacancy can be closed before the deadline depending on the candidates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview within two weeks of their application. Shortlisted candidates may be asked to prove their background, qualifications, skills and experiences by providing relevant documents.