About ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ
Leuven Value Network (ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ) is a non-profit organisation under the umbrella of Leuven MindGate; part of the City of Leuven. ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ accelerates value creation by bringing together the ambitious minds of Leuven via (digital) networking events.
Our vision: We believe that the world’s most complex problems can only be solved by working together.
Our mission: Bringing people together for the better in Leuven.
Our core team: Consists roughly of 3 full-timers and 15 young professionals that each volunteer to contribute to this vision in their own area of expertise. Each team member is active in one of the three functional teams: HR & Operations, Marketing and Community.
As the Head of Community of Leuven Value Network, you will be responsible for a team of young, aspiring volunteers, looking to make a change by managing projects and executing communication plans.
With a sweet spot for the City of Leuven, you give it your all to manage your own projects while working in close collaboration with the team. In the role description below, we have summarized your main tasks and responsibilities.
We are looking for a volunteer who is willing to spend some of his or her spare time on coaching and guiding our Community team to change Leuven for the better. You do this by being eager to learn, taking responsibility and having a go-for-it mentality. If this sounds like you, please continue reading for more detailed information.
As Head of Community, you are able to touch upon the following areas:
- Liaising with multiple stakeholders (internal and external). In other words: communicating and following up with several individuals and organisations every day;
- In charge of the upcoming events, communication plan and strategy
- Continue developing our communication strategy with the leadership team;
- Setting up and moderating internal meetings (including preparing agendas and taking notes);
- Scheduling and conducting meetings with potential partners;
- Monitoring social media engagement with partners through Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn;
- Copywriting – email content;
- Sending newsletters and emails using MailChimp;
- Project management and planning – Slack, Clickup, Google Drive;
- Assisting with recruiting and training volunteers/interns;
- Coordinating and following up with the Marketing team
Ideally, you recognize yourself in the description below:
- Experience as a community manager or similar role;
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal);
- Fluent English speaking (Dutch is a plus);
- Flexible (no 9-to-5 mentality);
- Organised (respecting timelines and deadlines);
- Taking initiative; working independently as well as collaborating in a team;
- A can-do attitude towards challenges;
- Paying attention to detail;
- Keen to work with and learn about new digital tools (we work completely remotely);
- A strong sense of ownership and proactive growth mindset.
- You see yourself working 7-8h on a weekly basis for Leuven Value Network
Note that the majority of the team meetings and activities tend to take place in the late afternoons and evenings. Flexibility is very important to us and this is a requirement.
We’re looking for a volunteer who’s willing to spend some of his or her spare time on coaching our Community team to change Leuven for the better. Here is why you should apply:
- Become part of the Leadership team of Leuven Value Network;
- The opportunity to learn from and work with like-minded ambitious entrepreneurs;
- The ability to expand your professional and peer network;
- Diverse internal learning and development initiatives
(being a moderator, project management, guiding brainstorming sessions…);
- Free access and drinks to all our events.
Note that this position is unpaid.
Interested candidates are asked to send their CV and one-page cover letter in English outlining their motivation and relevant experience for this position, through our sign-up page.