About ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ
Leuven Value Network (ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ) is a non-profit organisation under the umbrella of Leuven MindGate; part of the City of Leuven. ᒪ ᐯ ᑎ accelerates value creation by bringing together the ambitious minds of Leuven via (digital) networking events.
Our vision: We believe that the world’s most complex problems can only be solved by working together.
Our mission: Bringing people together for the better in Leuven.
Our core team: consists roughly of 3 full-timers and 15 young professionals that each volunteer to contribute to this vision in their own area of expertise. Each team member is active in one of the three functional teams: HR & Operations, Marketing and Community. In the near future, we want to add an extra team that is responsible for Development.
As business developer within Leuven Value Network, you are responsible for developing and implementing growth opportunities alongside other volunteers, both inside and outside the organisation.
With a sweet spot for the City of Leuven, you give it your all to manage your own responsibilities while working in close collaboration with the team. In the role description below, we have summarized your main tasks and responsibilities.
We are looking for a volunteer who is willing to spend some of his or her spare time establishing a Development Team to change Leuven for the better. You do this by being eager to learn, taking responsibility and having a go-for-it mentality. If this sounds like you, please continue reading for more detailed information.
As business developer, you are able to touch upon the following areas:
- Identify new sources of income
- Analysing internal finances and planning financial outcome
- Following up on new business opportunities and setting up meetings
- Planning and preparing presentations with (potential) partners
- Attracting new financial and strategic partners
- Create long-term relationships with partners
- Liasing with the leadership team to align
- Have a at least a biweekly team meeting
- Investigate potential subsidizers
Ideally, you recognize yourself in the description below:
- Experience as a business development manager or a similar role;
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal);
- Fluent English speaking (Dutch is a plus);
- Flexible (no 9-to-5 mentality);
- Organised (respecting timelines and deadlines);
- Taking initiative; working independently as well as collaborating in a team;
- A can-do attitude towards challenges;
- Paying attention to detail;
- Keen to work with and learn about new digital tools (we work completely remotely);
- A strong sense of ownership and proactive growth mindset.
- You see yourself working 7-8h on a weekly basis for Leuven Value Network
Note that the majority of the team meetings and activities tend to take place in the late afternoons and evenings. Flexibility is very important to us and this is a requirement.
We’re looking for a volunteer who’s willing to spend some of his or her spare time on coaching our Development team to change Leuven for the better. Here is why you should apply:
- The opportunity to learn from and work with like-minded ambitious entrepreneurs;
- The ability to expand your professional and peer network;
- Diverse internal learning and development initiatives
(being a moderator, project management, guiding brainstorming sessions…);
- Free access and drinks to all our events.
Note that this position is unpaid.
Interested candidates are asked to send their CV and one-page cover letter in English outlining their motivation and relevant experience for this position, through our sign-up page.